I finally heard the Gospel!

Started by Tom Johns, February 07, 2022, 04:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Johns

I was thinking about this the other day, I was born and raised in a Christian family. We went to church and were taught right from wrong (or what was thought to be) but I was never taught the Gospel. I rebelled when I was a teenager, rarely went to church and lived an ungodly life. God got a hold of me (called me? I don't know what it would be called) when I was in my 20s. We went to the church I grew up in and I got very involved. I was raised in the "word of faith/prosperity" movement, so that is all I knew. I hungered to truly know God so I learned how to study my Bible (Thank you Kay Arthur and Precept Ministries) and realized that what I was being taught was not scripture. I got out of that and lost my trust in everyone. I backslid for years until nearly two years ago. God got a hold of me again. I now go to a church that upholds to sound Biblical teaching and I am back to studying my Bible. I really wanted to know more about the Gospel and found a book called "What Is The Gospel?" and it changed my life. After 50+ years, I finally heard the Gospel. Crazy huh? I wonder how many people that have been raised in church, in a Christian family, have never heard the Gospel? Just curious.
We need to hear the Gospel every day, because we forget it every day.
~Martin Luther

CatieladyB

Well, I can see where you're coming from, I went to three different churches in my youth. The first was a Protestant church on Long Island, NY, next was a Methodist church in Virginia and then another Methodist church here in New Jersey. None of them ever taught directly from the Bible, not even in Sunday school, I didn't make a real connection to God until I started going to the church my sister-in-law and brother in-law went to, a real Bible based church! Another draw to the church was they had preschool Sunday school classes for my kids, and I loved that, they could go to class, and I could listen to the speaker and actually learn and understand God's plan! Over the years I've become very involved in the Church, helped in the nursery, helped the teachers, joined the Ladies Bible Study group and Heart to Heart bible study for ladies and even Body & Soul aerobic classes. Lately I teach Junior Church on Sundays, to keep the youngsters busy so their parents can listen to the speaker.

rickyz

My family never went to church when I was a kid. I was introduced to the Gospel at 12 years old when a couple of door to door preachers came by our house and invited me and my little brother to vacation bible school. I was saved and baptized that week. I then went on a long prodical son journey until I was 47 years old when I completely gave my whole life to Jesus. He has completely changed me now through a real understanding of His Gospel.
God is Good - All the Time
All the Time - God is Good

Tom Johns

~Martin Luther

MetalKing777

This is a great to hear that God never leaves us even when we fall away from him as it is written in the in the holy book. He will never leave you or forsake. God will always be there for you when you are ready to come to him. He will always love us no matter what.

Since I've been more involved with God's word the more I understand what I've been listening(music wise) to for the last 30 plus years. Now it all makes sense to me. I'm so glad that there are Christian stations like this one in this day of age. Really great to hear some really great new and old tunes. And I really enjoy this fourm. The more you dive into the word the more you will understand God is love his love is forever.

MetalKing777

The place that I work at every morning we start the morning out with the word of God we have a little bible study the minister that runs it give me the opportunity to run a Bible study for the day which is a very big thing for me so I did it all on my own all the reading and questions and stuff.. normally our Bible studies run from about 45 minutes to little over an hour when I did mine last week it lasted about 2 hours.I had some other material that I wanted to go over but kind of cut it short I ended my Bible study with my testimony. So the place(transformation Network) I work at we do staffing and other stuff we have 2 sub offices and the main office. I'm at the main office. So there were about 15 people(sub offices were via video) hearing what I had to say. We had a nice long conversation.The topic that I did was about demons possession in the Bible which was very interesting.

Tom Johns

~Martin Luther

rickyz

God is Good - All the Time
All the Time - God is Good

CatieladyB

Pretty interesting stuff, must be nice to work at a place that lets you talk "bible" together in a group!  E|  E|  <3